Collecting parental consent
Consent request template
Consent requests are send once a fixture / club has been created, you can send them just as a simple question 'do you give permission for your child to take part in the event' or you can add additional questions of your choosing. When you come to send the consent request you can manage which additional questions you would like to send. Prior to doing this however, you will need to input your questions into Squad In Touch.
- Firstly, go to app.squadintouch and click into the 'Console' then go to 'Templates'
- From here you can add questions that you would like to have the option to ask
- When adding a question you can select whether you would like it to be;
- Required - Parents need to answer it before they can accept
- Available by default - It will automatically be added to the consent request unless you manage questions and turn this specific question off.
- There are different answer types which are based on the type of answer you would like to reveive;
- Enum - This enables parents to select from different options of your choosing, to add your answer input them in the box at the bottom of your template and separate each answer with a coma
- Boolean - Yes / No answer
- String - Free type answer, this is always good to have at the bottom with a 'Comments' section
Sending consent requests
To send a consent request go into the fixture and select 'Actions' > 'Send consent requests'
A few things to keep in mind;
- If you have sent consent requests out to parents and then add someone new to the team and would like to send a consent request to them, you can do it in the same way as above as consent requests won't be sent more than once to each user for the fixture.
- If a user does not have a Squad in Touch account when you send the consent request, however they then sign up you will need to send them consent requests as they will not have ones waiting for them when they sign up.
- Clicking on the 'manage questions' enable you to select which questions you would / wouldn't like to send.
Tracking parental responses
You can view parental responses for a specific event by clicking into the fixture from your calendar and then scrolling down to the bottom. From here you will see a tab that says 'Parental Consent', you will be able to view all answers here.
In Quick view it enables you to quickly see those who have;
- Pending - awaiting their response
- Not Sent - The student does not have a parental account linked to them so nowhere to send the consent request to
If you click onto the accepted requests you will see their responses to your specific questions.