Parents web portal
Everyone who has a Squad in Touch account has access to the web portal version, this can be used in the place of the app if you don't want to have it on your phone, however we advise having the app to ensure you get immediate notifications when you haven't got access to your emails.
Go to app.squadintouch.co.uk and use your normal log in. Log in for the app and the web portal are the same. If you click remember me then you will not need to enter your username (email address) and password each time, however please do not use the remember me option if you are not on a secure network or a personal computer.
You can add additional roles to your account and you can select between them when you log in or you can swap using the drop down arrow in the top right corner of your account.
If you need to send an additional role request from your account you can do so by clicking into your profile (circle in the top right corner) and go to 'Requests' and select to send a new role request on the button that looks like 3 people sat behind desks. This will then pull up a form, input your chosen school and role type then you will be able to send and await for your school to accept you.
To view the current role on your account go to the 'Roles' tab and there you will be able to see all roles you have sent / cancelled and those that have been accept / declined.
If you don't want to receive notifications then you can turn them off from your profile (circle in the top right corner of your account) this is also where you would turn them back on. We highly recommend leaving your notifications enabled to ensure you get all information surrounding events, fixtures and clubs. Note; notifications can come in two ways via email and push notification as long as you have the app. The Squad in Touch app can be downloaded on iOS and Android devices.
When you will get notifications, providing the schools background settings allow and you have been added to the event / activity it is concerning;
- Added to an event
- Removed from an event
- Event cancelled
- Booking form to complete
- Event details updated
- Custom notification from your school
There are two ways in which you can change your password;
- Profile - You can change your password from your profile (circle in the top right corner of your account) if you then go to the 'Password' tab, you will need to know your old password and input your new password. Please ensure that passwords contain at least one capital letter and at least one digit.
- Log in page - If you have forgotten your password and therefore cannot log in then you will need to go to the log in page and click on the 'Forgotten password' link, from there you will input your email address which will generate a password reset link which will be sent to you via email - please check your Spam / Junk folder if it does not come through to your inbox.
Please note; passwords are on your account to ensure your data is kept safe, please do not provide your password to anyone.
Events, clubs and activities
Squad in Touch calendar
Your Squad in Touch calendar on the website is your portal to all of your upcoming and past events. You can also view your events calendar on the app if you prefer, past and present. On the website if you click onto a date you will see all events on that date displayed in the right hand box. If you would prefer a list, simply click on the 'Fixtures' tab and you will be directed to a list of all events within your chosen month.
Let your teachers know if you are able to attend an event / fixture - click into your chosen event and select the 'Actions' button then click 'Send Availability report' this will enable you to let your teachers know if you can attend or not and you are also able to provide a reason for your absence.
Please note, availability reports are only available if your school has enabled them for your user type.
Further event information
When you click into a fixture / event you can scroll down to the bottom of the fixture page and view further information and actions
- Details - This tab provides further information concerning the event, the school will need to input information here in order for it to show, if anything changes with the time information here you will receive a notification.
- Jobs - Jobs can be added here by teachers and students can be added onto a job
- Gallery - Teachers can add photos to the event gallery, however students and parents will need permission to do this which is set up in the background settings of the school. When you upload a photo it will automatically go on as private meaning only you and school staff can view it, school staff are the only ones who can change the view-ability of photos.
- Match report - Match reports can be put up by school staff, once they have been added you will be able to view them here.
- Comments - School staff can always add comments, to enable students as parents to add comments it needs to be enabled in the schools back ground settings. Please note, users won't get notified of comments being added, even if you tag a user by name.
You are able to view fixture scores within the fixture providing the school has added them following / during the event.
As a parent you are the only one who can respond to a schools permission request for an event / activity / club / trip, if a school sends one you will be able to find it within your 'messages' tab. You will get a notification when a new consent request comes through. You can find new booking forms in the 'Messages' tab of your account;
If a school asks additional questions on the booking form, you will see these to the right of the club information, some questions may be required which will mean you cannot 'Accept' a booking until you have answered all of the required questions, these will appear with a red asterix next to them.
Booking onto clubs
Booking ability can be set up by the school for either students or parents to have the ability to book onto clubs, trips and activities. If you have the ability to book on you will get a notification when a new booking option comes through. You can find new booking forms in the 'Messages' tab of your account;
- Additional questions- If a school asks additional questions on the booking form, you will see these to the right of the club information, some questions may be required which will mean you cannot 'Accept' a booking until you have answered all of the required questions, these will appear with a red asterix next to them.
- Priorities - If the school has enabled the priority setting you will be able to select the order of priority your chosen clubs comes in, for example if Drama and Cookery club are both taking place on a Monday, you can select which you would prefer to be added to and then have your second option.
Club registers are marked by the schools teaching staff, however you will be able to see the attendance mark they have assigned you.